Over the last year, and specifically over the last 3 months, we have experienced a substantial increase in the need for talent in the Data Science and Data Engineering industry! The need for Data Scientists and Data Engineers is soaring throughout industries at a global scale, and the need to further build on our Data Science and Data Engineering focused talent pipeline became extremely apparent!With the increased need for Data Science and Data Engineering specialists, Bolt Talent Solutions focused on getting an expert understanding of the reasons as to why there has been such an increase in the need for this talent. We also wanted to get an understanding of what’s actually trending in Data Science itself.
What’s the difference between a Data Scientist and a Data Engineer?“Data engineers build and maintain the systems that allow data scientists to access and interpret data. The role generally involves creating data models, building data pipelines and overseeing ETL (extract, transform, load). Data scientists build and train predictive models using data after it’s been cleaned. They then communicate their analysis to managers and executives”. Built In
PILLARS OF DATA SCIENCE:
- Computer programming
- Statistics and linear algebra
- Machine learning and algorithms
PILLARS OF DATA ENGINEERING:
- Big data storage and processing
- Data pipelines
- Model ETL (Extract, Transform, Load)
Why has the need for Data Engineers and Data Science talent increased?
Companies have the need to handle data, and are facing challenges on how best to do thisOrganizations throughout all industries generate a large amount of data every single day. With living in a digital world, and with so much digital transformation going on around us every single day – the generation of this data on a daily basis is extreme. This data is super important and the data needs to be organized in order to reduce the chances of this data being left to sit.“Data is one of the most valuable business assets as companies can get deep insights from these data and thus be more agile and efficient in their execution and operations. As a result, in digital data-driven enterprises, the role of data engineers has become crucial in generating insights to make informed business decisions. The demand for data engineers and data scientists with deep expertise is increasing multi-fold, and we expect to have continued growth in demand in the coming years.” Analytics India MagazineThis data can be analysed in such a way that insights around the organization (or simply around the actual data) can be drawn. These insights are super valuable and can be extremely meaningful. In order for the data to be handled, analysed and reported on in the best possible way, experts in the field of Data Engineering and Data Science are needed.
Why else is there a demand in the need for Data Experts?
- Increase in digital transformation
- More online businesses and organizations
- Increase in digital traffic
- Increase in smart devices, mobile apps and apps in general
- Multi-faceted and Multi-Skilled talent that can serve an array of purposes – Data Engineers and Scientists do more than just analyze
- To build data management software, hardware and network systems
- Analysis of gaps and vulnerabilities within organizations, and the solutions to best address these
- Improvement of network functionalities to best leverage data and information collected
- The increased need to analyse online data
- The need for institutions analyze and collect data to gain potential leads and investors
What’s trending in Data Science?
1. Explosion in deepfake video and audio
2. More applications created with python
3. Increased demand for end-to-end ai solutions
4. Companies hiring more data analysts
5. Data scientists joining kaggle
6. Increased interest in consumer data protection
7. AI devs combating adversarial machine learning
There is a shortage of talent and skilled resources in Data Science and Data EngineeringIt has been said that there is a known deficit in the talent within the marketplace at the moment. It has become apparent that it is difficult to find data scientists or data engineers that have the ability to perform analytics of that data, and there is the lack of ability for an analytics consultant to use and understand data.Aspiring Data Scientists and Data Engineers have more than 4 opportunities presented to 1 (estimated and on average) which means that there is a lack of professionals within the industry itself. With getting a better understanding of the industry, it is Data science is heavily math-oriented. By contrast, data engineers work primarily on the tech side, building data pipelines. What the two roles have in common is that both work with big data.
Data Science and Data Engineering Open Opportunities at Bolt Talent Solutions:We have some really exciting GLOBAL and REMOTE Data Science and Data Engineering job opportunities!
Where have we been recruiting talent?