Here is a list of all the emergency contact numbers that you will need in Mauritius. Mauritius has very good emergency services, but you will need medical aid coverage to make use of these services, as they are not free.
When making a call to a Hospital or Emergency Services, be mindful to have the following information ready as it could save your life or the life of your friend or partner.
- The telephone number you are calling from
- Your name or the contact person on the scene
- The location of the scene and the closest landmark, crossroad or street
- The nature of the incident
- What kind of help you need e.g. an ambulance, fire department, traffic department, etc.
- What you have done for the patient so far
The list below contains emergency numbers in Mauritius, should you be in need of assistance at any time.
Emergency Contact Numbers
Central Police: 208 12 12
CEB (Electricity): 112
CWA (Water): 170
Child Protection: 113
Meteorological services: 686 10 31
Telephone directory: 150
Tourist info: 152
Flight info: 8965
Road Traffic: 203 12 51