Mauritius Vaccination Campaign against Covid-19 has been implemented.
Starting Monday 1st March 2021, the AstraZeneca/Covishield vaccine will be available to people aged 60 and above, as well as to those suffering from chronic diseases (diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, respiratory disorders, renal failure, cancers, etc…).
Those eligible for a vaccination can go to any vaccination centre in the 5 regional hospitals of the island.
In conclusion, mobile vaccination centres will also be operational for people aged 60 and above in several regions of the island, according to a schedule that will be communicated on a weekly basis.
Further more the schedule for this Monday 1 March 2021 to Saturday 6 March 2021 is as follows:
- Residents of Souillac – Monday 1 March 2021.
- People residing in Riviere des Anguilles – Tuesday 2 March 2021 and Wednesday 3 March 2021.
- Residents of Tyack, St Aubin, Union Ducray, Riviere Dragon and Britannia – Thursday 4 March 2021.
Dr. Yves Cantin Community Hospital Riviere Noire:
- Residents of Riviere Noire – Friday 5th and Saturday 6 March 2021.
- Residents of Goodlands – Monday 1 March 2021 to Thursday 4 March 2021.
- Residents of Grand Gaube – Friday 5 March 2021 and Saturday 6 March 2021.
- Residents of Triolet – Monday 1 March 2021 to Friday 5 March 2021.
- People residing in Pointe aux Piments – Saturday 6 March 2021.
Lady Sushil Ramgoolam Multi Purpose Complex, Caroline:
- Residents of Bel Air Rivière Sèche, Caroline and Petit Bois – Monday 1 March 2021 to Wednesday 3 March 2021.
- People Residing in Grande Rivière Sud-Est and Camp Pêcheurs – Thursday 4 March 2021.
- Residents of Écroignard, Ernest Florent, La Lucie Roy, Clemencia/Belle Rose, Clemencia and Deep River – Friday 5 March 2021.
Bramsthan Social Welfare Centre:
- Residents of Bramsthan and Camp Ithier – Saturday 6th March.
- Residents of Floreal and Residence Mangalkhan – Monday 1 March 2021 to Wednesday 3 March 2021.
- People Residing in Allee Brillant – Thursday 4 March 2021.
- Residents of St Paul – Friday 5 March 2021.
- People Residing in Mesnil – Saturday 6 March 2021.
All these vaccination services (5 regional hospitals and vaccination centres) will remain open between 9 a.m and 3:30 p.m on weekdays, including Saturdays according to the same schedule.
Note that the Mauritius Vaccination Campaign in the designated centres of the 5 regional hospitals of the island remains open to employees of the following sectors:
Health (public, private and NGOs operating in the health sector
Mauritius Police Force, Mauritius Coast Guard
Employees working at the airport and at the port
Employees in the tourism sector, including restaurant owners
Anyone suffering from chronic diseases (diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, respiratory disorders, renal/kidney failure, cancers, etc.)
Please also remember that all those eligible according to this press release wishing to be vaccinated will have to bring along their National Identity Card.